Friday, March 8, 2013

The Best Day

I had the best day on Monday.

After the craziness of teaching two new units at one time, one of which took a lot more preparation for than normal and involved a lot of group work...aka many crazy days in Mrs. Snyder's classroom, plus lots of traveling to visit family, and a stage of ministry where we have events going on every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night, and me tutoring 2 afternoons each week after school, I decided it was time for a mental health day.

I was at a point in my instruction where it was easy to take a day and leave busy work. So, I took Monday off.

I got all of my school work, monthly shopping that has to be done at the beginning of each month, and cleaning (sweeping, mopping, dusting, laundry) done on Saturday and Sunday so I could enjoy Monday all for myself.

And, let me tell you, it was so nice!

I had been thinking about doing this all last week, but couldn't decided if I really wanted to. I was exhausted last Friday and getting sick, so I spent the day getting sub plans together. I still wasn't sure about my decision because I'm not the type to play hookie and take a random day off.

When I got to sleep in Monday morning, it was totally worth it and there were no regrets!

Monday is Stephen's day off too so we got to sleep in together, be lazy waking up and just lay around having a slow a morning. Then, we walked to a Mexican restaurant for lunch that just re-opened near us and may be becoming one of our favorites...shh, don't tell Don's that I might have a new favorite.

It was so nice and felt so normal to go out to lunch with my husband in the middle of a week day and enjoy a nice meal with other people who get a normal lunch break every day. I didn't really know how to act without having to scarf my food down in 15 minutes while making sure 100+ middle schoolers stayed in their seat.

Then, I went to the mall and just walked around, got some reading time in, and worked out.

The day ended with a steak dinner cooked by my mother in law.

I can't think of a better day!

I highly recommend a mental health day every now and then. It was much needed and so refreshing.

This weekend we're off to Grandma and Pa's with just the grand-kids, including Kelly. We're filling up the mini-van and are so excited!!  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. I use to LOVE my mental health days :) they were totally needed! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete