I saw this recipe in one of my Taste of Home magazines and thought I would give it a try. I pulled it a while ago, but never took the time to find the Japanese Panko bread crumbs it calls for. One day in the grocery story, I just happened to notice them on the shelf. They're in the flour/bread crumb section...I should have figured that one out on my own. As I was mixing this breading up, I realized it's just a little bit of a fancier version of the Italian Parmesan chicken I already make on a regular basis. The flavor in this was much stronger and it was really good. However, it took more work than the other Italian chicken I make so I don't know that I'll go through the hassle very often. I already dumbed down the other recipe. If you're looking for a quick, not as pretty, not quite as flavorful, but still really good version of this, buy some chicken, chicken broth, and Italian bread crumbs. Dip the chicken in the broth and then shake in the bread crumbs and bake. Easy and delicious.
This recipe was really good so for taste, I'd say 10 out of 10. For prep time, since I'm lazy and already have an easier way to make it, I say 7 out of 10.
click picture for full recipe
No comments:
Post a Comment