Friday, May 11, 2012

Taste Test: Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

This picture looked so good on Pinterest and we love alfredo so much that I had to try it. This recipe was simple to make, although it did have a lot of ingredients. Now that I have limited counter space in my kitchen, it was a struggle to stir the sauce constantly and get everything I needed out and measured. You cooked the minced garlic in the pan the same way you do for the Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken that I made a while back. It didn't stink up my apartment this time, but it was too much of a garlic taste for me. I like to have a lot of sauce on my alfredo and this didn't quite make enough sauce for the amount of noodles that it called for. The taste (minus the strong garlic) was good though. I think I'll try it again and double the sauce while leaving out some of the minced garlic. The fact that it is so much healthier than the way I make alfredo, makes me really want to perfect it.

I give this recipe, in its original form, a 6 out of 10. I'll let you know how it goes with the changes!

Click picture for full recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment