Sunday, March 18, 2012

Taste Test: Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken

I've gotten back on my pinning kick and pinned lots of new recipes for us to try. Instead of overloading one blog post with too many recipes, I'm going to do a quick update on them as we go...

The first one we tried this week was Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
This recipe is super easy to make. All you have to do is saute minced garlic with oil and then add the brown sugar and pour it over the chicken and bake. (Click on the picture for the full recipe) It was edible, but not my favorite. And, I could still smell the garlic when I walked in my house 2 days after I made this. Stephen ate a lot of this, but I think that's because I made it on a night after he had not had a chance to eat lunch. 
It tells you to bake it at 500 degrees, which is WAY too hot. My chicken was still partially frozen, I only cooked it on 450, and it was more than done after 20 minutes.

I give this a 3 out of 10 rating.

Click picture for full recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment