My kids spent the past 4 days coloring in my class.
We drew tessellations and spent some time coloring geometric patterns.
I was amazed at how giving them something detailed, but fairly mindless really calmed them down.
Even after 3-4 hours of testing everyday, they all stayed in their seats (except for 4th period, but that's another post for another day) and worked.
They got to relax, talk, and do something fun.
I also spent a lot of time coloring, which was relaxing for me as well. Especially since I got to sit down after walking around for all of those hours of testing.
My kids did fairly well on the EOG. 63% of my kids passed...not too bad for the first round. That's less than 40 kids that failed. Several of them have a really good chance of passing the re-test, which will be awesome!
I wasn't shocked about any of the ones who failed. I was shocked about a few who passed, which is a good thing. And, I was shocked at some of those who got a 2 who I was sure were going to barely squeeze out a 1.
I wish I had some of the tessellations to share with you. I'll work on posting those this week.
For now, I will leave you with these three illustrations done by my students. The first is a drawing a student made just for fun. Yea, it's a little creepy, but sweet at the same time. And the last two are some of the color by numbers we did this year. The spring one just made me happy and I loved how this boy decorated his snowman and added in the snowflakes.
14 days...I think I can. I think I can. I think I can...
No comments:
Post a Comment