Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Clean Eating 2016

Stephen and I decided to do another week of clean eating like I did a while back. I wasn't entirely sure how well it would work out with him because he eats out a lot with work meetings. I knew if it was going to be successful researching recipes we would actually eat and making time to prep food for the week was going to be important.

Even after we agreed to do this, it was still a few weeks until we actually did it because I wanted to be as prepared as possible.

I spent three evenings preparing for the week...two researching and compiling recipes and one planning week 1 and grocery shopping.

I spent 1 hour Saturday shopping for week 1.

Then, I spent 1.5 hours prepping Saturday afternoon, which didn't take nearly as long as I expected.
I prepared:
Banana Muffins
Salad Dressing
Bacon
Popsicles

I was impressed at how easy it was to prep all of this and I cleaned as I went so there wasn't a huge mess to clean up at the end. Stephen grilled the chicken for me...yay for having a grill now!

I still wasn't 100% sure how the week was going to go so we went into the week ready to offer a lot of grace. Overall we did really well. I will admit by mid-week all I really wanted was to eat a bunch of crap, but I stuck to the plan!

Dinner was always good, which usually meant lunch was too.

Eating healthy snacks was the hardest because I have really good candy stashed in my drawer at school.

I didn't notice a major increase in work out energy or effort, but I did feel good about myself knowing I was fueling my body with quality food.

My least favorite part is the prep. Even though Saturday's prep was fairly quick and easy, I did not enjoy prepping at night for the next day. In order to ensure success, this has to happen!

I really liked finding new recipes to add in that are healthy and having a plan for the week...that prevented going out...especially for dinners.

Here was our breakdown for the week. (If you care) You'll see we didn't eat clean perfectly all week, but overall I think we did pretty well considering we would eat Chick-Fil-A everyday if we could. :) Taste Test post coming next!


Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Dinner
Work Out
Monday
E: Banana Muffins
S: Chick-Fil-A
Morning:
E: Pumpkin Dump Cake (1 piece)
Afternoon:
E: Banana and apple with PB
S: Banana Popsicle
E: Blueberry Chicken Salad
(only ate half bc hard to eat with braces)
S: banana & turkey bacon
Pineapple Grilled Chicken & Brown Rice
S: Youth room demo
Tuesday
E: Two waffles, strawberry jam, 2 pieces turkey bacon
S: Banana muffin, banana, turkey bacon
Morning:
None
Afternoon:
E: Kind bar, cheese
E: Leftovers from last night
S: Mexican
Grilled chicken quesadilla, refried beans
Connect Group
Hot dogs, mac & cheese, baked beans, fruit, brownies
Both: Crossfit
Wednesday
E: Banana Muffins
S: Banana muffins and turkey bacon
Morning:
None
Afternoon:
S: Muffin
After Dinner:
S: Ice cream sandwich
Lumbertwig
E: Turkey sandwich
S: chicken wrap
E: Salsa Chicken (recipe from last timewith brown rice and organic tortilla chips)
S: left over grilled chicken
None
Thursday
E: Waffles and strawberry jam
S: Muffins and bacon
Morning:
S: apple and PB
Afternoon:
S: Apple and PB
After Dinner:
Both: Starbucks
E: Cookies
S: Donuts
E: Leftovers from last night & Balanced Break (nuts, cranberries, cheese)
S: Asian Fusion
Fo
Beef Stew
Both Crossfit
Friday
E: Waffles and strawberry jam
S: ½ Bojangles sausage bisquit
Morning:
None
Afternoon:
E: ½ sugar cookie
Balanced Break (nuts, cranberries, cheese)
After Dinner:
S:  Mike & Ikes
E: Leftovers from last night
S: Cheetos
Panera
E: Fuji Chicken Salad
½ chocolate chip cookie (free, warm, gooey)
Both: Sweet Tea
S: Pasta
Erin Run
Saturday
Chick-Fil-A
Sweet Tea
Morning:
None
Afternoon:
S: Strawberry popsicle
After Dinner:
Both: D’lishi (frozen yogurt)
S: apple and PB
E: Leftover salsa chicken
½ chocolate chip cookie
S: None
Pecan crusted chicken, broccoli, noodles, cfa sauce
S: no noodles, no cfa sauce
Stevo: youth room demo
Sunday
E: Cinnamon Roll
S: donut
None
Zaxbys
Beef Stew
Erin Run

No comments:

Post a Comment