Friday, April 13, 2012

Moved In

My wonderful mother and mother-in-law and my awesome cousin showed up at 10:30am this morning to help me move the last small things to the new apartment. I thought we would be able to get that stuff moved and the apartment cleaned by 1pm when the muscles were scheduled to show up. At 1 we were unloading the next to last load of the "small" items and taking a quick break to eat lunch...the cleaning had not even been thought about yet.

It's amazing how much "small" stuff you have. You think it won't take long to move...maybe one load or two...but nooo we have so much stuff.

The muscles (aka my other amazing cousin, my handsome husband, and our wonderful friend Lee Anne) showed up and did work on the big items. They even set up the beds in the new place. Awesome I tell ya...simply awesome!

The rest of us stayed back and cleaned. Around 4:30pm we were bringing the last load over and throwing the last Clorox wipe and Swiffer pad away.

Other than taking a quick break to eat dinner at Don's (our favorite Mexican restaurant), I have been unpacking like a mad woman. I don't sleep well when I know there are things to do...especially organizing. Everything has a place and everything is in its place so I can sleep peacefully tonight, which I promise you I will!

Now,
The DVD case is not organized by genre or in alphabetical order...yet
The closet is not organized by type and color...yet
But, don't you worry those items will be done by the end of the weekend...

Next up on the list...after the psycho impressive organizing tasks listed above, hanging pictures and curtains.

What do I really mean by that? Ally Poo, hurry up and get home and decorate my place...again. :)

After 13 hours straight of packing, moving, unpacking, and cleaning, I'm going to crawl in bed and crash...

2 comments:

  1. hahah I'll be home in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful mother is still sore and tired. She must be getting old or something. But, it all did motivate her to clean off her dresser! She might even get inspired to do a bit of furniture rearranging in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete