Is it really the beginning of March already?
The superintendent visited my classroom this week.
My students are always so funny when we have visitors coming in and out of the classroom who look really official. They see them coming and get really quiet. Then, when the people walk out, the whole class lets out this huge sigh of relief and starts laughing...sometimes before the door is even closed. But, they did a great job of making me look good this week.
I got a new student this week from Taiwan. She is in my 5th period class so I was trying to figure out if she needed to be dismissed when the bus students were dismissed or the car line students. I tried asking her, but that got me no where considering she just came to the states and knows very little English. So, I decided to pull some pictures up on Google images to show her and ask her. In the middle of pulling up pictures, I had several students around me asking me questions about the assignment they were working on. Instead of just typing in "car," I typed "car line" and then turned to answer someone's question. The student I turned to help is taller than me; so when I looked up from his paper to look at him, I saw this horrified face as he stared at my computer and said, "...what...what...what is that?" I turned and looked and on the Google image page was several car pictures along with some ladies in a very provocative position. I didn't know what to do so I said, "I don't know! Go sit down!" and then x'ed it out as quickly as possible. Note to self...be careful when pulling up Google images with students around.
This happened this week.
And I was totally okay with it...and was wishing the pool was open.
I got asked today if "nigga" is a bad word. I explained that I didn't like that word. The student looked confused and said I thought it was a term of respect...you know...like, "what's up my nigga?"
A term of respect...? I'm not so sure on that one...
I finished phase 2 of p90x today. Don't go back and look at when I said I was half way through with it...that would be embarrassing. But, I'm on the final phase now and looking forward to being done with it!
I made my AIG students really mad with this challenge problem today. Can you figure it out?
Using only grouping symbols and operations (add/subtract/multiply/divide), can you make this equation true? (You can not use exponents and you can not combine the 4s)
4 4 4 4 = 7

4 - (4/4) + 4 = 7
ReplyDelete[By Alison Noll from CA...not sure if you remember me.]
Exactly what I was going to say!
Deleteyeah...not even gonna attempt the math problem. its bad enough that i have to get a teachers edition along with ella's 1st grade math book, ha! =)
ReplyDeletei've had some near misses with google images and the kids lately too...geesh.
and way to go on starting phase 3 with p90x! keep it up!