Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Year 7: Another Year



It seems these reflections come faster and faster each year.

I feel like I've had an overall theme for each year of teaching so far. In reflecting back on this year, I couldn't come up with anything other than "another year." I don't mean that in a bad way...this year was just an average year.

I worked with a new team of teachers and LOVED them. Seriously the best team I've ever worked with where everyone steps up to the plate and pulls their weight, is loved by all of the students, and rocks at teaching.

I took on several leadership roles this year. It didn't take them long to realize how bad I am at saying no.

I did the yearbook and
I co-advised SGA.

It might seem like a small list, but it was quite the task load.

I won Teacher of the Year, which was a huge honor. I couldn't believe that only being at Liberty a little over a year, my peers voted me TOY. It was very humbling!

Our kids were great this year. Not as high as last year, but they still did awesome and I really enjoyed teaching them. We had some super sweet girls and some super silly boys, but all of them were a lot of fun.

Our parents were awesome to work with this year...probably my favorite set of parents yet!

This year really did fly by (minus the last 2 weeks of school) and here I am reflecting on completing another year.

While we really did have awesome kids, awesome parents, and an awesome team, I was SO ready for summer break. I'm looking forward to days at home with Truett, soaking up some sun, going to the beach, and sleeping in!

Next year will be interesting. I'll be starting the year with a brand new administration. New principal and new assistant principal. I'm a little nervous, but am thankful for the community of teachers we have at Liberty. Praying it's a smooth transition...until then, hello summer!


Official Year 7 School Picture
Year Six: Transitions
Year Five: Celebrations and Recognitions
Year Four: I Got This!
Year Three: Contentment
Year Two
Year One: A Year in Review
Year One: Lessons Learned

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so dark in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steph above. Actually, your hair looks ombre! So proud of you for Teacher of the Year accomplishment. I hope you have a wonderful SUMMER!!! So jeal. LOL

    ReplyDelete