We've wanted one for a while, but with all of the transitions we've had over the past few years, the timing just wasn't right. Ever since we bought our house, Stephen has been itching to get a puppy while I've been more hesitant. The idea of brining a puppy into my brand new house scares me (control freak!).
At the beginning of December, my cousin was posting that her golden was having puppies. Knowing how fast goldens sell, I didn't even ask about them. After they were born, she messaged me, mom, and Chuck to see if we were interested. I still wasn't so sure, but started asking some questions. I mentioned it to Stephen and surprisingly he didn't jump all over the opportunity. I drug my feet a few more days, still pretty sure we weren't going to go through with it. Then, she messaged me again wanting an answer because she had other people asking...aka she was waiting on us to decide before offering them to anyone else. So, we talked about it again and decided to go for it!
Meet mama: Jazz
She delivered 3 pups on December 7, 2016
We had the pick between the two boys.
I told my cousin my only hesitation was that we have a brand new house...aka our yard still has no grass. She said she would monitor them to see which she thought would be a little more laid back and calm.
We went to meet them the day after Christmas. They were all 3 so cute! One is a female and she's keeping her. The one we ended up picking was being the most vocal when we got there. She said it was because he was mad she took him from his mama, that he wasn't usually like that. He settled down and we got to snuggle all three of them. I didn't have a preference so I let Stephen pick.
We picked the one on the right.
Here is Truett!
He'll be ready to pick up at the end of January. I'm still nervous about my new house. Since the yard isn't ready, he's going to be inside with us. Stephen is SO excited! He's been watching YouTube videos on how to train dogs and even bought a dog training book. Every time I look at that sweet face, I get more excited! We can't wait to bring him home!



No comments:
Post a Comment