Saturday, December 31, 2016

Month by Month: December Advent 2016

Make a Shoebox for OCC
We got started on advent a little early this year doing this in November. But, it's the first year I haven't had to rush through this to be sure it got delivered to Samaritan's Purse in time.


Decorate
I didn't put decorate on the advent calendar, but we had a lot of fun decorating our new house for Christmas. We didn't get any lights put up outside like we had hoped, but there's always next year for that! I did get this cute Christmas door mat for the front door!
Our kitchen thanks to Pinterest inspiration and a hot glue gun!




Wrap Presents
I'm getting pretty good at this without Allyson.

Mail Christmas Cards

Church Staff Christmas Party
We went to a yummy restaurant in Hickory and then all went and bowled together!



Daniel Boone Inn Double Date
After our major fail at this last year, we made sure it happened this year. We got it on the calendar early and even called to be sure they would be open. 

Small Group Christmas Party

Make Ornaments

Morganton Parade/J Iverson Riddle Parade
We didn't make it to the Morganton parade this year because we were in Durham with Stephen's mom, but earlier in December we went to the J Iverson Riddle Parade so I'm letting that count for our parade this year!



Make Cookies
We pop cookies in the oven on a regular basis and that didn't stop during advent. My official "make cookies" happened when I made gifts for the neighbors.

Make and Take Gifts to the Neighbors
We made cookies and ornaments and dropped them off with the neighbors the week before Christmas.

Drive around and look at Christmas lights
While we were in Durham, we went to this house. It is covered in lights and programmed to music you can hear on the radio. We barely got there in time before they stopped for the night!

Youth Leaders Christmas Party
We didn't officially have a youth LEADERS party, but we did have a student ministry PJ Christmas party that was a blast! We wore our PJs, played a white elephant present game, and played sardines. Fun was had by all!


EKA Christmas
I had one night in December I could do EKA Christmas and thankfully that one night worked for Kel and Ame too! 

Starbucks Date
Traveling back and forth to Durham so much in the past few weeks, we made several Starbucks stops!

Christmas at DPAC



After Christmas at DPAC we had Christmas with my family. 

Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve candlelight service

We've started a new tradition of Chinese take out on Christmas Eve. We did it last year after the Christmas Eve service and decided to stick with that plan this year. 

Camp Out in front of the Christmas Tree
Stephen spent almost the whole 2 weeks before Christmas in Durham with his mom in the hospital. I was afraid we weren't going to get our camp out in, but we set it up Christmas Eve and it was great!

Merry Christmas!
Christmas morning breakfast just the two of us!
Christmas evening at Grandma's 
Minus a few due to sickness this year. :(


Due to illness and spending the better part of the last 2 weeks before Christmas apart, I'm impressed we got as much done on our advent calendar as we did. Sadly, these activities didn't happen this year. 

Breakfast for Dinner

Mexican Date Night

Horse Drawn Carriage Ride

Game Night

Date Night

Make a Gingerbread House


Advent Bonuses
We did have several other events/activities in December that I couldn't leave out!
We'll count this as my Month by Month for December

Hospital Stay
Stephen's mom spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital for a bowel blockage. Thankfully she got to go home the day after Christmas and is feeling much better!
Her room had a great view of the sunset each night.

Christmas Pup
This sweet pup loves a warm, fluffy spot. He made himself right at home under the Christmas tree.

Wine & Design
Mom, Allyson and I did Wine & Design. I'm always hesitant as these get started that they're not going to turn out well. I was happy with how all of ours turned out. Mine is so good my students did not believe that I actually painted it. Ha! It's hanging in my classroom and makes me smile every time I look at it.



Rudolph Relay
Making it to Christmas break is so hard if you don't have fun activities planned. This relay did not disappoint!

Elf with our Students
The day before we got out for break, we spent the afternoon watching Elf. Such a good movie!

Summit Sisters
At the beginning of December I went to the Summit Sisters Christmas party.


Freckled Frog
The girls from small group and I spent an evening painting at Freckled Frog. It was so fun!


Lunch and Shopping Date with Steph in Boone

Decided to get a puppy!
The biggest news of all is we decided to get a puppy!!
Meet Truett.

I hope your December was full of fun and love!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment