What I loved about what my friend posted for the 5 day clean eating challenge was a whole list of crock pot meals.
I was a little hesitant about this one, but we LOVED it! So much that Stephen and I fought over the leftovers and already have it on the menu again for next week. I served it with whole wheat wraps or organic tortilla chips, but it could be eaten as is as well.
Recipe:
1.5 lbs of chicken breast
16 oz jar of organic salsa
15 oz can of black beans (drained)
1/2 lb frozen corn
1.5 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 Tbs chili powder
1.5 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Brown Rice
(we left out the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper because I don't like spicy food)
Add all ingredients to crock pot (except brown rice)
Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours
Near the end, cook the brown rice according to package directions.
SO GOOD! 10 out of 10
No comments:
Post a Comment