Monday, October 14, 2013

Taste Test: S'mores and Cheeseburgers

I am slowly getting back into trying new recipes. I took a break over the summer with my crazy camp schedule. However, we are getting back into the swing of things.

Cheeseburger in Paradise
My aunt recommended this recipe to us. It's quick and easy to put together. While it's not terrible, it still doesn't have much flavor. That could be because Stephen doesn't like onion so I substituted onion powder for the onion. Maybe I didn't use enough. The ingredients seem to be flavor filled, but ours turned out very bland. It was tough to eat without ketchup.  We would rate it a 6 out of 10.
Click picture for full recipe.

Baked S'mores Bars
Stephen and I volunteered to bring a dessert to small group the other night and Stephen is always a big fan of me trying out my pinterest recipes. This one looked yummy and easy to make. I had most of the ingredients already so I only had to buy a few things. (PS Chocolate bars are expensive) It took a while to mix everything together and I always think marshmallow fluff is hard to spread. Everyone seemed to like it. It was thick and very sweet. I personally think it would have been much better straight from the oven. It wasn't great cold. It was better warmed in the microwave. For the time and hassle, I'd only give this a 6 or 7. It wasn't amazing by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment