Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Taste Test: Pretzel Crusted Chicken

Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Mixed Greens  Recipe 

I found this recipe (click picture) in a magazine. I tore it out a long time ago, but never got around to trying it. This past week, I decided to. I changed it a lot...aka didn't do all of the fancy stuff. If you google "Pretzel Chicken," you can find all kinds of recipes involving pretzels and chicken. I cut my chicken up into nugget size pieces. When I went grocery shopping, chicken was on sale and all they had left were breasts. They take too long to cook so I cut them up. I soaked them in chicken broth while I chopped up the pretzels. We don't have a food processor, but we do have a hand chomper (?). I added flour to my crushed pretzels because I wasn't sure I'd have enough breading with just the pretzels. Then, I rolled them in the pretzels and baked them. I served them with ranch and honey mustard for dipping. I thought it was really good, but I like pretzels. Stephen didn't like it, but he doesn't like pretzels. So, I got all of the left overs. I would highly recommend trying a recipe with pretzels and chicken...just maybe not this specific one.

I'd rate ours a 9 out of 10.

click picture for full original recipe.
google "Pretzel Chicken" for recipe variations

No comments:

Post a Comment