Summer break is so close I can taste it...so much so that I really haven't wanted to go to school this week...
Here's a look back at the past few weeks:
We get so spoiled on teacher appreciation week. This year SGA gave a little goody each day in addition to all of the wonderful gifts my students gave me!
We are in the thick of EOG review. It is not favorite time of year, but we incorporated some new things in this year that have gone really well. We built in a little free/recess time in our schedule this year. To maximize that time in the home stretch, we incorporated review into it 3 days a week. Students answer questions or define vocabulary as they walk laps and hang out with their friends. It's gone really well! We've also each alternated taking one day each week to pull a small group for review during our flex time. It's been nice to have this flexibility in our schedule and be a little more intentional with EOG review beyond whole class review.
Some of my favorite sayings from the past few weeks:
While studying graphs:
Student: Which instagrams do we do?
Me: What?
Student: Points to paper
Me: Histograms
While doing the shaving cream activity,
"This is better than any fidget spinner!" (MAJOR #teacherwin)
"I so want to lick this."
"You're right! It does taste like soap!"
a few minutes later...
"This really is good!"
Me: Stop eating the shaving cream
I can't wait to learn how to start shaving. This stuff is so cool!
Now I've officially wasted 30 minutes of class looking for these awesome gifs to enhance your blog reading experience. Is it summer break yet??
...back to being a real adult...





No comments:
Post a Comment