Monday, August 1, 2016

Taste Test: Crockpot Sesame Chicken

I was so excited and proud to be trying two new recipes in one week...okay really I was just proud that I was cooking twice in one week...we've been eating out a lot lately. I love sesame chicken from Chinese restaurants, but there isn't anything good for you about it...I'm pretty sure it probably isn't even real chicken. So, when I saw this on Pinterest I thought I'd give it a try. However, when I went to mix the seasoning together and put it in the crock pot, it seemed very familiar. Thankfully before I dumped it all in I did some research and found that this recipe (click picture) is the same recipe as the honey chicken we tried several years ago. Exact same recipe...different name and picture. Pinterest, you almost tricked me. Lucky for us we liked that recipe and had it on rotation for a while, but haven't made it in a long time. I remember Dee telling me it wasn't good in the crock pot and you can make it much quicker in the oven. So, I let it marinate since I already had the sauce mixed up and then baked it for dinner. It's still good! At least you can see I'm consistent!

8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment