The appropriate title should be mustard, maple syrup, vinegar chicken. This chicken looked really good and had the title of a dish that is amazing; plus, the writer said her husband, son, and others loved it. So, I thought I would give it a try despite the fact I don't like all three of the ingredients in the sauce. I used just regular mustard and maybe should have splurged for the actual dijon mustard. Or, maybe I should have just realized that combining three things I don't like won't make me like them. Something in this gave the chicken a little bit of spice, which was bearable, but just another strike against it. I don't like mustard and all I could taste was mustard. Stephen said it was okay...that he would eat it again. Well, he isn't going to have to worry about that because I won't be eating it again. I ate it tonight because it is literally the only thing in here to eat other than another frozen meal. Mom, you should be proud. I tried a new dish and ate it even though I didn't like it. I probably ate three times as much rice as I should have trying to mask the taste. If you like your chicken to have a little kick to it (if you like spicy foods at all, you probably wouldn't even notice the spice) or if you like mustard, this might be a dish for you. Not me.
1 out of 10 only because it was edible
click picture for full recipe

I am proud! I'm thinking only Honey Mustard is good with chicken, though.
ReplyDelete