I saw several different pins this year about doing the 12 days of Christmas for your husband. Ideas for gifts varied as did the day to start the gift giving, but the overall idea was the same, bless him with small gifts each day in the quantity of the day.
I got some ideas from the pins, some from google, and then I just went shopping. As I was out, when I would see a favorite thing of Stephen's, I would pick it up, keeping somewhat of a tally in my mind of where the gifts would go. Then, at home, I laid them all out and planned out my days. I got really lucky and creative and didn't have to go back out for more gifts.
I started giving him gifts on December 13th and they ended on Christmas Eve.
Here are my 12 days of Christmas:
Day 1: ONE adorable ornament of us
(I like to get a new ornament for us each year...this gift honestly was more for me, but they got better)
Day 2: A new PAIR of Christmas boxers
(Grinch boxers from Wal-Mart!)
Day 3: THREE bags of popcorn
(He had been begging for pop corn the past few weeks...I found a box at Wal-Mart with three packs in it...perfect!)
Day 4: FOUR fruit roll ups
(In the dollar section at Target, I found a box with 4 fruit roll ups in it)
Day 5: A movie from the FIVE dollar in at Wal-Mart
(We love to search through the $5 bin at Wal-Mart...I got a 2-in-1 deal with this one and was even lucky enough to choose a pack of two movies that we don't own either of!)
Day 6: SIX inches of Hickory Farms smoked sausage
(He had been searching Wal-Mart for some summer sausage I was excited to find this at Southpoint)
Day 7: SEVEN servings of his favorite Hershey Kisses (the cherry cordial ones)
(I had to get super creative with this one...I turned the bag over and it said there were 7 servings in the bag and to top it off, each serving had 7 grams of fat...it was meant for day 7)
Day 8: EIGHT brand new hot sauces
(Wal-Mart had a box set of hot sauces in their gift box section...perfect for he who puts hot sauce on EVERYTHING)
Day 9: NINE Air Heads
(This bag of mini air-heads ended up having more than 9 in it, but the back told me there were only 9...he got a few bonus)
Day 10: A book of TEN minute Banagrams
(My mom got me this game for my birthday and Stephen is REALLY good at it so I got him a book with some banagrams puzzles in it...the title of it is Ten-Minute Banagrams)
Day 11: A book full of useless INFORMATION (information has ELEVEN letters in it)
(Stephen is known for knowing all kinds of REALLY random information. I had to get this book for him when I saw it and twist it some to make it fit into the 12 days of Christmas)
Day 12: A box of TWELVE white fudge covered Oreos
(I just happened to spot these in the holiday cookie section. Stephen loves white chocolate so I knew I couldn't go wrong. I was excited when we were in Target the next day and Stephen pointed them out and commented on how much he liked them.)
This was a lot of fun and Stephen was really surprised on the first day and really excited each night for what was coming the next day. It was fun doing something completely unexpected for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment