Just like with Kinsley, I took one day off before my scheduled c-section. I had scheduled our cleaning lady to come that day so I was looking forward to going into the hospital with a clean house. Sadly, she had to cancel that morning. So I spent the morning cleaning the house so it was ready for Mema and would be clean when we got home. Then, I ran some errands and got a pedicure. That was probably the best pedicure I've ever had.
We had a bad plumbing blockage at the house so Daddy took some of our laundry to the church to do and Mema helped with the rest of it. So, that afternoon I finished folding all the laundry and Allyson came over to spend the night so she could go with us bright and early to the hospital. We picked up Wing Stop for dinner and just had a low key night at home.
I slept much better than I expected.
^My last bump picture!
We had to be at the hospital at 6am for my 8am OR appointment. They took us straight to the triage room and started prepping me for surgery. The room was so small. We were packed in there. I was a little anxious, but overall not too bad. I chewed some gum to help. The anesthesiologist did not like that when he came in...I learned why later.
It took 3 tries for them to get my IV to take. Thankfully, I didn't get light headed this time. The nurses were with me constantly getting things ready. Other than the IV, the Covid test was the worst part of it all!
Then, it was go time and we walked to the OR.
Our friend, Ben Furnas, made sure we had a great nurse anesthetist. She immediately started anti nausea meds when I got in the OR and got the blood pressure meds going as soon as my spinal was in. I felt really yucky for a few minutes, but never got sick.
Once all of my levels got leveled out, I just talked to her and Daddy while they worked. She was great at keeping me distracted with random conversation and kept me posted on the doctor's status.
They pulled the blue sheet down as they pulled you out so we could see. You immediately started crying and then peed everywhere. I immediately felt like I could breathe again and took a big breath!
Daddy went over to the warmer with you. I started feeling bad again. It took me a while to recover from that this time, but I still didn't get sick. The nurse said it was because they were doing so much to my uterus as they look my fallopian tubes out. My neck and shoulders started hurting really bad at this point. It felt like I had done an intense shoulder work out or had a really bad crick in my neck. The nurse said that could also be from them messing my uterus so much. However, I think it was more gas pain because that pain continued into most of Saturday and was much more uncomfortable than recovering from surgery. Gas is why the anesthesiologist was not happy to see me chewing gum Friday morning. I understand why now. Note to self: do not chew gum before surgery.
Daddy brought you over to me and I got to snuggle with you while they finished up with me.
Then, Daddy took you to recovery as they prepped me for recovery. They had this really cool air bed that they inflated. It got snug around me and that's what they lifted me onto the regular hospital bed with. It helped me not feel like I was going to fall in the floor.
Since I was the first patient of the day, they let Allyson wait in the recovery room for us. So she was there as soon as yall came back to get some pictures and help with your footprints.
We relaxed in recovery for a while, snuggling and nursing. You were super hungry so you ate well and then went to sleep with me.
Once we were done there, I was rolled to my room. We were all hungry so Allyson hung out with me while Daddy ran to grab some lunch. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger from the cafeteria that was great! And then Allyson left.
Poppy and Nana both came to visit later that afternoon.
We Facetimed with Chloe and Kinsley. They were so excited!
Because of Covid restrictions, Poppy and Nana were our only visitors so we got a lot of time with just the three of us.
Mema and Dee came to visit us the next day.
Other than those 2, it was just us all day Saturday. So we just snuggled and watched football. All of our favorite teams lost, but we didn't mind. I was in quite a bit of pain Saturday afternoon so the down time and naps were great.
Daddy got us Chick-Fil-A for dinner that night...we were tired of hospital food by then.
You got circumcised early Sunday morning so we thought we'd be discharged around lunch time, but we had to wait what felt like all day. We didn't get home until after 2:00. Your sisters were SO excited to meet you!
It was a little overwhelming going from the quiet hospital room to home where everyone needed/wanted mommy's attention.
Daddy went to the grocery store so we would be prepared for the week. Mema went home. Once we got the girls settled, we went to bed.
Home. As a family of 5...6 with Truett.



No comments:
Post a Comment