Thursday, January 6, 2022

Advent 2021

I've been pretty slack this year with this blog, but I know I'll appreciate the posts I have kept up with. Our annual Advent calendar is always a favorite and fun to look back on so I didn't want to skip out on it.

Our December calendar filled up quick, as usual, this year, but we did much better at getting most of the activities done!

Christmas Concert
We got to see Lauren Daigel at the DPAC and had an impromptu double date with the Derbys when we found out they were going the same night we were.


Living Christmas Tree
Grey Stone did their Celebration of Lights outside again this year. We went the first night knowing it was our only option for all of us to go together. We got there a little early because it was going to be pushing bed time and I only planned to stay about an hour. The next thing I knew, people were packing everything up. We stayed the whole time and ended up shutting the place down. The girls had so much fun, I let Poppy talk me into bringing them back Sunday night. We had a busy weekend and that might have been pushing it, but we all had fun!




Mail Christmas Cards

Drive around and look at Christmas lights
Several houses in our neighborhood had lights. We went out several nights and drove around to see Ho Ho! Kinsley got really used to being able to ride around out of her car seat and loved it! She loved it so much Papa (Poppy) got his own blow up Ho Ho just for her and "Papa's Ho Ho" is by far her favorite!


Make and Take Gifts to the Neighbors
This year we made the pretzel, Hershey kiss, M&M melts. Chloe loved helping me with them and wanted to deliver them super early in the morning! As soon as she noticed any neighbor was awake, she was running out the door with theirs.


Go see Santa
We technically did this Thanksgiving weekend, but we also saw Santa at the Celebration of Lights.


Make Ornaments

Read Christmas Books
I am not a huge fan of wrapping gifts so I don't know how long this tradition of wrapping 25 books to open one a night will last. Not to mention, there were days the girls would open multiple books. They enjoyed it and we'll definitely always pull out the Christmas books to read!


Disney on Ice
Scrolling Facebook one day, an ad popped up for Disney on Ice. As I was clicking through available dates and tickets, I found what looked like front row seats for less than $30. Stephen figured they were front row of one of the upper sections, but we got them anyway. Well, it was true. I snagged front row, center ice tickets and it was so cool! Chloe loved it! We're pretty sure there was a glitch in the system with the tickets being that cheap, but we got lucky and weren't sad about it. Pretty sure we'll never be able to go again though. How do you not sit front row after that as your first experience?!


Go See the Chinese Lanterns
The Chinese Lantern Festival was back this year in Cary. The Stockhams had been before and loved it so we booked a weekend for them to come visit. On top of seeing such cool lanterns, we also got to hang out with them!




Bahama Christmas Parade




Youth Leaders Christmas Party
Jeremy hosted a low key Christmas party for the Student Staff. We didn't get any pictures, but a night to just hang out and enjoy Mexican food was a lot of fun!

Date Night
I hurt my back a few nights before date night, but was determined to get out with Stephen to finish up some Christmas shopping. I was pretty miserable in pain, but we had some yummy Moe's and got to walk around the mall together.

Small Group Christmas Party

Starbucks Date
I don't think we actually made it through the Starbuck line this December, but I'm sure we will before winter ends!

Church Staff Christmas Party

Chick-Fil-A Night
The Snyders frequent Chick-Fil-A, but it's always a fun time!

Make a Gingerbread House
We made a Gingerbread Nativity with Harper and Cam and then I attempted to make a house with Chloe and Kinsley. We barely had it standing when I stepped in the other room for just a second. When I came back, it had collapsed and both girls were nibbling on the walls of the house.



Christmas at Summit
The Christmas service is always one of my favorites. We went to service at Brier Creek and both girls did great in Summit Kids at a new location. This video was played at the service and was on repeat at our house for the next week. Chloe loved it!

EKA Christmas


Wrap Presents
I really don't enjoy wrapping...especially with a hurt back, but having it on the Advent calendar makes it slightly more enjoyable. 

Watch a Christmas Movie
Stephen and the girls watched several Christmas movies, with The Grinch still being a favorite this year!

Breakfast for Dinner
I honestly can't remember if we intentionally did breakfast for dinner in December, but it's likely as it is a normal in our dinner rotation. 

Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve morning we did Christmas with my parents and Allyson then we had our annual Chinese take out for dinner.


Allyson gave Stephen a digital ear cleaner and it was by far the favorite gift.

Merry Christmas



Bonus Fun!
Costco dates to visit Poppy

Random dinner dates with Allyson

Lots of family time!















Sweet time with some of our favorite friends!


We were busy busy, but got a few snuggles and naps in here and there!





Awana!

The girls loved all of their gifts! Especially all of the new babies!




\Lunch dates and quiet time at Mema and Poppy's house


Unseasonably warm weather that allowed for LOTS of outdoor time!


Getting to swim in the hotel pool!


A post Christmas hike on the Eno

Celebrating New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment