Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Weekend with Coconut

Mom and dad were out of town this past weekend and all of their regular Coconut dog sitters were busy so he got to come to Morganton for the weekend. Since we were right in the middle of moving, I didn't have time to go to Durham for the weekend so I met them in Statesville Friday and brought him back home with me. 

He can be quite the pain in the car, but he settled down nicely for me and rode back laying in the front seat...after insisting I share my Chick-Fil-A with him.
 It didn't take him long to explore our place and find a window to look out. 
 If he's not looking out the window, you can find him under a piece of furniture.  
Can you spot him in this picture?
 At home he usually pays attention to me for about 5 minutes and then is gone, uninterested in visiting and cuddling with me. But, this weekend he was my little shadow and I loved all of the extra snuggles I got. Stephen took this picture and added the caption...he pretends to not like Coconut, but secretly I think he does...at least a little.
 He does a great job sleeping under the bed at night. Sometimes at home if he's had several lazy days in a row he gets bored at night and gets into things, but he was on his best behavior here. This is what I woke up to Saturday morning, ready to play!
 He can be quite the scaredy cat. By the end of the weekend he had 90% mastered the stairs. He hates when his paws slip on hard wood floor. If he took the stairs slowly, he didn't slip. Sometimes he got excited and would slip and then be scared the next time. 
 We slept downstairs because our room was a mess and I didn't want to have to worry about him chewing things up at night, but he kept us company organizing and putting all of our clothes away by sleeping on top of all of the clothes...he loves a fluffy spot.
 He is terrified of thunder so he spent several afternoons hiding under the bed because of thunder.
 Always close...always on a fluffy spot.


 Pouting on his way home because he was sad to leave...okay...truthfully he was so excited to see mom and dad (they are this favorites!) and was chill for them riding home, which is rare.
The house felt so lonely to come back into after he left. 
It didn't take him long to get back to his regular routine at home...sunbathing!

No comments:

Post a Comment