I have had several Christmas crafts pinned for a while now that I wanted to try out this year. I chose the easiest ones with the least amount of needed materials. These were all done in the weeks before Christmas with just a few minutes here and there committed to them. They were easy to work on and walk away from.
I'm always looking for new DIY ornament ideas. These seemed fun and simple enough. And, I was so pleased with how they turned out that I ended up making 7 of each and giving them away as presents!
I also couldn't get over how cool these sprinkle ornaments looked either so I gave them a shot as well. Spreading the varnish and making sure I didn't use too much was a little time consuming, but I was really happy with how they turned out. I like the multi-colored ones the best, but gave the Christmas colored sprinkles a try too. I think I may have had too much varnish in the Christmas colored one because those colors blended together some...it could have just been the cheap sprinkles I used.
These turned out much better I thought!
I also found this glass etching idea that I've been wanting to try. I found a huge set of Pyrex at Target on sale for $12. Then, I went to buy the glass etching acid and was a little more hesitant about this idea. The bottle of acid was $36!?! Luckily, I had a 50% off coupon and thought that was a little more justifiable. I got nervous because Allyson said she tried it once and it didn't work. I also read some things online where people had trouble getting Pyrex to etch. But, I decided to try it anyway. I printed the initials out on card-stock, traced them, cut them out with an exact-o knife, and slathered on the acid. When I went to wash it, I really thought it didn't work, but once it dried, I saw it did! I was so excited I didn't care I forgot to flip the logo so it wasn't backward when the dish was facing up. (sorry these pictures are not the greatest!)
If you click on any of the images, it will take you to the full tutorial on how to do these fun crafts!
This last idea I forgot to take a picture of, but was happy with how it turned out. One of my cousins is in 7th grade. He loves getting money for gifts (smart boy). Instead of just giving him a card with money in it, I thought of him when I saw this image on Pinterest.
What crafts did you do this holiday season?






No comments:
Post a Comment