I went to Wal-Mart in Hillsborough last Saturday. The check out line was super long (no surprise there). There was an elderly lady standing beside me in the 20 items or less line with a buggy full of stuff. When she saw me glance over at her, she felt the need to explain she knew she had too many items, but she had just had an accident all over herself and she had to get home and shower. TMI, lady, TMI!
The laundry basket that Stephen and I got when we got married has broken. The metal rods that hold it together had pushed through the fabric. It still worked, but was kind of annoying. When I was at Wal-Mart on Saturday, I noticed some laundry baskets that were similar to what we have. So, I thought I would buy a new one.
In our bathroom, we have a brown mat and a teal window pane. The options were black or purple.
I thought the purple would look great; so, I bought it. I didn't think Stephen would care...it's a laundry basket that sits in the corner of the bathroom in the back of the apartment that no one else uses.
Can we talk about how many complaints I have gotten from him about that laundry basket?
It's a little bit ridiculous.
"Why did you get purple?"
"It's girly."
"I can't believe you got a girly laundry basket."
"Really, purple?"
Note to self: run all decorative purchases by Stephen first. You never know what he's going to want to veto.
I have now finished two weeks of summer camp. The summer is already flying by. We only have 8 more weeks. I am missing sleeping in everyday of the summer, but the added income will be nice.
Last week we combined VBS with camp=CrAzIeSt week EVER!
We doubled our numbers and those additional 100 kids came running in Wednesday night and were wild until they left Friday. We learned for next year, we will have a rally before letting them run onto games to explain rules and expectations.
To say we were worn out is an understatement. I have to say our staff handled it like champs! We could not have made it through the week without them! This week has seemed so calm and quiet!
I celebrated my 26th birthday yesterday. Remember last year when I was in Yosemite? Yea, it's hard to top that.
For some reason, I feel really old this year. I don't know why, but 26 just seems old. (I know it's not really old...maybe grown up is the better word or a real adult...??)
I've realized that I am more than double the age of the kids we have at camp and triple the age of some of them.
Although I still think of myself at the college stage of life, I am well past that now.
I realized that our campers and staff see me as a real adult.
It's weird. Some of them are even scared of me. (Which, BTW Allyson is WAY scarier than me!) Again, in my mind, I'm a college kid just like them.
I guess it's time to grow up and realize I actually am an adult. Or not... :)
Stephen and I are headed to the beach this weekend for a little get away and birthday celebration! I'm excited to sleep in, eat some good food, and soak in some vitamin D on the beach!
Happy Thursday!
Happy Birthday Erin! And no...26 is not old. You are still a baby!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I remember being completely surprised at how much "opinion" Jeremiah had on housing and decorating things =) I also remember 26 being the birthday when I felt a lot of the feelings you voiced...up till 25 you are still a young adult, at 26 it just feels different. Don't worry though, adulthood can rock =)
ReplyDelete