Sunday, April 21, 2013

Taste Test: Cara's Crunchy Chicken Strips

Cara's Crunchy Chicken Strips Recipe 

I'm a sucker for a good chicken breading. Baked, breaded chicken is a common meal in our home. It's easy and quick. I took this recipe and adapted it a little bit to make it more simple. I took a bag of Caesar croutons and crunched them up. Then, I mixed in a 1/2 cup of original bread crumbs. I dipped the chicken strips in chicken broth and then shook them in the breading mix. I drizzled butter on top of each and then sprayed them with cooking spray. (Did you know cooking spray will help your chicken get golden and crispy on top?!?) I learned that trick with another recipe a while back. Then, I baked them at 375 for about 25 minutes. They were great! Stephen's exact comment, "I might have a new favorite meal!" We dipped ours in Chick-Fil-A sauce, which I try to stay stocked up on. I'm sure they would be good in honey mustard, ketchup, or bbq sauce as well or any other sauce for that matter. They were great plain too! The croutons were probably enough breading, but the bread crumbs added an extra flavor that was really good! We'll definitely be having these again!

10 out of 10

click picture for full, original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment