Monday, August 27, 2012

Not Me Monday

I did not completely forget about a doctor's appointment.

It did not take me almost a week to remember that I had forgotten it and it didn't take me seeing an email about it to remember.

I always write important dates on my calendar.

I of course called the afternoon I realized I had forgotten my appointment.

It has not been two weeks since that appointment or two weeks since I have thought to call and reschedule. 

I did not spend waste an hour of my workday reorganizing 13 decks of cards that have been played with by careless middle schoolers for 2 years (ie were completely mixed up).

I did not tell myself the whole time I was reorganizing them that I was wasting precious time and still continue to complete the task.

I did not rip paint off the walls of my classroom when I realized the posters I had just hot glued to the wall were crooked and needed to be taken down and re-hung.

I did not eat M&M's and cookies for dinner one night because I was too busy lazy to actually prepare and eat a real meal.

I did not procrastinate planning for my first week of school by using almost all of my workdays decorating my classroom.

I did not want to whine like a sleepy child at 8:30 8:00 pm after having to work more than 2 days in a row.

I did not eat out a lot this week for lunch simply because I knew my time to have a "real" lunch like a "normal" adult was about to come to an end.  

And, I always adjust well to schedule changes and did not get tired/grumpy to the point that my husband didn't want to hang out with me a few days after I started back to work.

Happy Monday! And, Happy First Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment