All of the purees I made for her, I simply cooked the fruit or veggie and blended it until it was smooth. I added cinnamon to apples, but didn't really do any other spices for other things. She loved it all. Some of the green things (peas, brocolli, green beans, etc.) she would gag on at first. But, after a few bites, she'd eat it up. Sometimes we had to wait and try it another day, but she always came around. I did buy this book and reference it often.
As we've gotten past purees, I've tried several other recipes.
The first thing I tried were these Banana, Spinach, and Oatmeal Muffins. This recipe has very few ingredients with the 2 main ones being spinach and banana. The best part is you put all of the ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and mixed, then pour in a muffin pan to bake. Super easy! Chloe LOVES these! They really aren't bad. Sometimes I add a few mini chocolate chips to some and eat them for breakfast myself. Yummy and filling. Stephen likes them plain without the chocolate.
The next three recipes all have similar ingredients. I made a batch of all of them one Sunday. I froze them and she's still eating on them 2 weeks later.
I don't have a mini muffin pan so I just made balls and baked them. They don't look as pretty as these, but she'll still eat them. She isn't the biggest fan of pumpkin, but if I feed her a piece at a time, she'll eat these up. If I give her too much and she remembers she isn't the biggest fan, she'll start dropping pieces on the floor for Truett to eat. Overall, she likes them.
She probably likes these pancakes the least. Pumpkin is the only thing I've found that she consistently isn't a fan of. She'll put a piece of this in her mouth, take it out, look at it, and drop it on the floor. But then other times, she'll eat a bite with no fuss. So she doesn't totally hate them and refuse them, but definitely doesn't prefer them, which is fine because the other pancakes are a little easier to make anyway.
Several of these called for maple syrup. Syrup is sticky and has a very strong smell. Whenever she eats something with syrup in it or with syrup flavor, I feel like she smells like syrup the rest of the day. So I tried to avoid that by leaving it out.




No comments:
Post a Comment