February's highlights:
70 degree days & Afternoons on the greenway
We started the month with warm weather and got out on the greenway for a walk.
Threes
We were introduced to a new card game last month and spent many nights playing just the two of us. We also taught our family how to play and I taught my students at school. We are Threes playing fools! :)
Super Bowl
The Super Bowl was this month...that feels so long ago. Being a late game on a Sunday night, I only stayed up for half of it. We had a blast hanging out at the Setterlinds eating pigs in a blanket and girl scout cookies.
More puzzle...finishing!
We finally finished our puzzle...and only lost one piece. I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was. I was really hesitant to take it apart after all of those hours of work, but after letting it take up my coffee table for days, the cleaner in me came out and put it up.
^mid way
^final product...sorry it's sideways.
Concert...McAlisters
Back in the day people posted their favorite things on Facebook on a regular basis (movies, music, books, etc). Although Facebook isn't really used for that anymore, you can still see people's favorites. When we moved here, some people at church noticed Stephen liked the band Mutemath. He found out they were having a concert in Charlotte and asked if we wanted to double date with them. A rock concert on a school night isn't really my thing, but I wanted to hang out with these people and make new friends so I went. The concert wasn't nearly as unpleasant as I had anticipated although our night was much later than I thought it would be. We did stop at McAlisters for dinner so that was a win!
Valentine's day talk at church
Stephen has been doing a TBH (To Be Honest) series with the students and wanted to incorporate a relationship talk within that. With Valentine's Day being on a Sunday, it was perfect timing. However, the threat of ice/snow made us have to cancel. We postponed to the next week and I got to share the stage with him for the night as we shared our dating stories both before and after dating each other. We shared our successes and failures and hope they listened!
Hair makeup tutorial
Steph won a hair and make up tutorial back around Christmas time where she got to invite three friends to a new salon in Boone. They taught us some make up tricks and how to style hair on the 2nd or 3rd day after washing. It was so fun!
Visiting Carrington
We went to Durham for a quick trip mid-February. It was the day after the concert...I knew after being out so late going to school wasn't the best idea. So, I took the day off and we headed to Durham. We got to Durham around lunch time and I got to go visit Carrington. Yall, it was so nice going back. Several people saw me in the hall and did a double take...they said it's just so normal to see you here. I got to see some of my former students, especially my favorite from last year and catch up with all of my old teaching buddies.
Game Nights
With the threat of snow one night, school and church was canceled. So, we headed over to our pastor's house with some friends to play cards.
Lazy "snow" day
The next day was a perfect, lazy "snow" day.
Bad cold
Unfortunately, a bad cold set in for me that week. Sore throat, headache, feeling terrible. I felt so bad, I went to the doctor because I was sure it was some kind of sinus infection. I was all clear, just viral. But, it took about a week and a half to shake it.
Stephen got to preach again in big church
Babysitting
Stephen and I spent several days playing parents while we kept our worship's pastors kids. We kept them Sunday-Wednesday. It was three girls, 7th 4th and 2nd grade. Stephen was a champ in the mornings and afternoons. He was pretty much in charge in the morning because I had to get ready at the same time they did. He got them up, fed, and off to school. Then, in the afternoon he was on homework duty. I usually tackled dinner, baths, and bed, except for Monday when he was nice enough to let me go to Boone for the night to celebrate Steph's birthday. It was a crazy, fun three days.
Steph's birthday
I went to Boone on a foggy, rainy night for dinner at Outback to celebrate Steph's birthday. I haven't driven in fog that thick in a long time, but it was totally worth it! I loved celebrating this girl! I'm loving living so close if you can't tell. :)
Rainbows
We had some crazy storms this month that left part of the state under some pretty serious tornado warnings and even some tornados touching down. The after math though was beautiful!
Voyager
Stephen got to go to Durham one night to see his Voyager guys, most who are seniors this year, play one last time at home. It's crazy to think he was taller than most of them when he met them four years ago. Time flies and boys grow!
Winter Jam/Lock In
We ended the month taking the youth to Winter Jam (a huge concert with a lot of different artists) in Greensboro and a lock in. If you know me, you know I'm a sleeper and always have been. I loved lock ins in high school, but would always sleep the next day away. That hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is my body doesn't bounce back as quickly. We both felt like we had been run over by trains the next day, even after sleeping the day away. It was worth it though to hang out with our awesome students!
Waiting in line to get in the concert
Playing Just Dance in between rounds of Sardines
Middle of the night shenanigans.
I was helping a student make conversions in the metric system. He was converting 2389 km to centimeters. We were looking at the units of measure and I said, "Okay, you're at kilo and you want to go to centi."
He said, "That's not where I want to go."
I said, "huh?"
He said, "I want to go home, not to centi."
Me: "Me too, bud, me too!"


No comments:
Post a Comment