Saturday, August 1, 2015

Farewell Bull City Food Tour

Durham has quickly become known for its restaurants. Before Stephen and I leave the Bull City as permanent residents, we wanted to make sure we hit some of our favorite spots!

Here are some spots we made sure to hit...

Nana Taco
I don't love Nana Taco (shh don't tell anyone...most people do love it), but Stephen does so we made sure to make a stop one day for lunch.
 
El Corral
Stephen and I used to easily agree on our favorite Mexcian Restaurant. Here lately, we've strongly disagreed. Although this is not a "famous" Durham place, Stephen was nice enough to treat me to my favorite Mexican place before leaving...maybe because I went to Nana Taco with him. ;)
 
Meelo's
Best Italian food I've ever had! Usually at restaurants I have a favorite dish that I get every time...sometimes I'll mix it up with an alternate. At Meelo's I can never decide what I want because it all sounds and is so good!


The Pit
I realize The Pit started in Raleigh, but it's so fun to go downtown Durham and have some yummy BBQ!
 
Parker & Otis
We like stopping in here from time to time for breakfast. They've got an awesome egg and bacon combo with a fresh handmade cheddar biscuit for only $7! It's a lot of food and so good!

Dame's Chicken and Waffles
I was real hesitant to try this for a long time, but it is so so good! I was scared we weren't going to get a table the night we went, but they fit us in and I'm so glad they did! It sounds weird, but you gotta give it a shot...you won't be disappointed!


Monuts
mmmm donuts! :)

Cosmic Cantina
Can you tell we're big Mexican fans?! Cosmic is your classic college hole in the wall place, but we love their burritos! 

International Delights
A lot of people don't know about this place. Stephen's friend owns it and they've got some tasty food! We love the Philly Cheese Steak. It's on Ninth Street right across from the new Panera.
Now that we've gotten our fix of Durham food, we'll spend a week at the beach (mmm seafood) and then be in Morganton!

#farewellbullcity

No comments:

Post a Comment