Sunday, January 19, 2020

Kinsley's Birth Story

Knowing the specific day Kinsley was coming, made preparations a lot easier and made procrastinating a lot easier too.

Stephen and I took Thursday off to get the house ready and enjoy some down time together. We had a family breakfast date and then took Chloe to school.
After a mad dash to get the house clean, we went to Hickory for lunch (Moe's) and then Stephen shopped while I got my nails done. We picked Chloe up from school and played outside until Nana got here. We had JD's for dinner and finished the last few preparations for baby. We still had to install the car seat in the car.

After a restless night's sleep, we were up and out at 5:45 am to get to the hospital by 6 am. After telling Mema and Chloe (who decided to get up at 5:30) good bye, we checked in the ER and were sent up to Labor and Delivery.

They got us in our room and started prepping me for surgery. I was anxious and nervous and excited. Having Stephen and Allyson there helped distract me from the nerves.


I almost passed out when they tried to start my IV the first time because they had a hard time getting it to take. After a break, some fanning from the nurse, and deep breaths, they tried again on the other arm and got it.

The next hour or so seemed to crawl and fly by. I remember looking at the clock at 7:30 and thinking in the next hour she would be here.

The same nurse I had when Chloe was born was so kind and came in for the morning just to be my nurse. She stayed with us the whole time.

Around 8:00, they were ready and I walked to the OR.

We walked in the OR at 8:05 and I sat on the table while they finished prepping things and got my spinal going. The spinal went in without a problem and they finished prepping me before beginning surgery. This took a lot longer than it did with Chloe and I think that's because a lot of the prep work had been done while I was laboring with Chloe.

The spinal did make me nauseous again, but once they got my blood pressure leveled out and anti nausea medicine in me, I was better. By that time, they were ready to begin and Stephen got to come back.

The anesthesiologist did a great job keeping me informed on what was going on. It felt like it was taking so long. The only thing I could feel was a lot of pressure. At one point it felt like they were sitting on top of me to push her out (so uncomfortable). Then, they said here she comes and I heard the sweetest cry.

They took her over and cleaned her up and then let Stephen bring her over to me. They sat there with me for several minutes and I got to kiss her sweet cheeks. Then, they went back to the room while they finished stitching me up.




The hormones from child birth always make me shake. I got super shaky as they finished sewing me up making laying there super uncomfortable. There were students in the room so the doctor was talking through every thing she was doing. I kept asking if they were almost done. Finally they finished, rolled me back onto the hospital bed, and I got to come back to the room.

I was so thirsty and could not wait to get some water. Stephen and Allyson were hungry and got Mom to bring them Chick-Fil-A. I would have gotten Chick-Fil-A too, but the nurse recommended I not eat anything too greasy so I got food from the hospital cafeteria.

They put Kinsley on my chest and she immediately snuggled into nurse. They told me she was a little bit tongue tied, but that didn't stop her from eating. We snuggled while I recovered and then the family came back to meet her.







We spent the next couple of days snuggling in the hospital. I was so ready to go home and our nurse Sunday morning was great. She got the doctors to come see me ASAP so we could get discharged quickly.



Chloe didn't get to meet her until I got home because the hospital was on flu restriction. She was so sweet and wanted to hold Kinsley immediately.




 Chloe's face when we told her to smile.
Welcome to the world, Kinsley Faith! You are so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment