You are 30 pounds.
You are wearing 24 month and 2T clothes.
You are still a great sleeper. You take anywhere from an hour and a half to a two and a half hour nap everyday around noon. If you're home for your nap, it tends to be a longer nap. You sleep from
7pm-7am at night pretty consistently unless you're sick.
7pm-7am at night pretty consistently unless you're sick.
You sleep with a blanket now. You started with a blanket at day care because I wanted to be sure you had something from home for your nap. When you got sick and were running a fever one night, I was worried you were cold so I put a blanket over you in your crib. You've had it ever since! If we lay you down before grabbing it, you ask for it immediately. You even want a blanket for your babies now. You make us put your blanket back on the rocking chair after your nap and when you wake up in the morning. You carry your baby's blanket around to wrap her up in. You are already attached to the blanket I happened to grab that night you were sick. I tried to switch it one day to wash while you napped and you immediately realized it and asked for your blanket. Your blanket of choice is a quilt my great grandmother made.
You got three rounds of the stomach bug the day after you turned 18 months old. Then, you got an ear infection and had a nasty cough. It was a long month.
You started day care and you love it!
Everyday that daddy picks you up, you all have to visit the church office for snacks.
You love to eat and day care has expanded your palette quite a bit. You often ask for what daddy and I are having and surprise me with how well and how much of it you eat.
Candy is also another favorite.
Daddy got a bad cold that turned into bronchitis. Every time he coughed or cleared his throat, you would mock the noise he made. I thought it was hilarious!
You still mainly say mama and dada, but have also started saying mommy and daddy.
You say so many words now I don't know that I could count them if I tried. I love to hear your little voice try to say things.
You like to tell people who are still laying in bed after you've gotten up to "Get up!" Or if I'm sitting on the couch and you want me to move, you tell me to get up.
You've learned to whisper and it's the cutest.
You've started saying your name.
You've started saying "more cheese" when you want us to take your picture. Quite the 180 from the way you used to go from smiling to serious face whenever we got the camera out.
You still love music and have started asking for specific songs to dance to. Your dance moves are the best and you love dancing with daddy. Baby Shark, Wheels on the Bus, and If You're Happy and You Know It are the current most requested songs.
Since I'm getting rather big with baby sister, daddy has pretty much taken over bath time. You love his bath time entertainment, especially the way he bounces you in your towel when he gets you out.
Daddy and I spent our first full weekend away from you. You did great with Mema and Allyson and daddy and I enjoyed all of the extra sleep we got.
You've started showing interest in the potty.
You went through a phase where you started popping your own hand when you did something wrong. If you did something and I said "Chloe" to correct you, you would look at me, pop your own hand, and then hold it out for me to pop. You popped your own hand a lot more than I would have popped it.
You are tall enough now to climb up on the benches at the table and on the couch. It isn't unusual for us to find you standing on the table.
You have learned to color and enjoy sitting at your table and coloring. We're still working on keeping the coloring only on paper.
You like to brush your teeth with daddy's tooth brush as well as everything else since it's an electric toothbrush; you like the sound it makes vibrating on all of your toys.
You still love to be outside.
We got a wagon and you love to go for rides in it. It's the hit of the neighborhood!
You love your babies. You like to change their diaper and are great at rocking/shushing them. They love to play outside with you.
Reading is also still a favorite of yours.
You still love Truett. He's still deciding, but is leaning more towards loving you.
I can hardly believe you're almost 2 years old!

No comments:
Post a Comment