I love how 7th graders will completely fuss you out and act like you are their absolute least favorite person in the entire world one second and then the next second they're ready to fight for you.
I took my first for real sick day yesterday. I knew when I went to bed that I was getting a bad cold, but thought I could fight through it. I knew I was too sick to go to school when I woke up at 3am and the thought of getting up in a couple hours made me more tired than I was before. So, I got up and typed up sub plans, emailed them to my team leader, and crawled back in bed.
I knew I was really sick when I was home all day and never got around to opening the blinds, making the bed, or cleaning up the kitchen. I slept til 10, got up, laid back down on the couch at noon and slept 3 more hours. After all of that sleeping I carried myself to the Minute Clinic and left with Mucinex. Fun times!
We finished our 2nd quarter last Friday. We ended the quarter with our 4th test of the year. So, we are officially (now that it's Thursday) more than half way through with the school year and more than half way through with new material for the year.
We have entered the land of ratios, proportions, and similar figures. These units are a lot more fun for students and a lot easier! I don't get as many blank stares this time of year than I did with my algebra unit.
Tonight is my first book club meeting of the year. We read The Kitchen House and I highly recommend it. I couldn't put it down.
Tomorrow Stephen and I are going to an A Capella concert. Yay!
Saturday will be spent helping a friend with some fun wedding crafts!
Monday will be first the Monday since the new year that we've had school. But, we have a field trip next Friday so it's kind of like another 4 day week. I'm loving all of these four day weeks.
I bought a Groupon this week for 2 movie tickets, 2 orders of popcorn, and 2 drinks for $15. Stephen also has 2 free movie tickets from a work event. I'm going to see if I can maybe convince him to use 2 for an action movie (Safe House) and 2 for a chick flick (The Vow)...we'll see how well that goes!
Well, that's all for now. I blame the complete randomness of this post on the fogginess that is my head right now from all the congestion.
Happy Thursday!
I hope that you are going to the same A Capella concert that I am going to tonight. It is going to be so fun! Trudy :)
ReplyDelete